First post –
No subscribers yet, but I’m trusting they will come.
Why am I doing this?
I am a Charismatic Christian. I’m a bona fide believer – in the FULL Gospel. I believe that the Gifts of the Spirit are for today. I believe that healing is for today (I’m an example – future post). I believe that miracles happen every day.
What troubles me is the move from the Gospel to the material – i.e., “Latter Rain Doctrine”. I’m used to seeing folks dance in the aisles because of either a breakthrough that has occurred, or has been prophetically promised. However, I wonder if those same folks would be so joyous if they had been given a “word” that 5000 souls would be won for Christ in the next week. Makes you think.
I’m looking for some reality – the delivery of the Gospel – the Full Gospel, minus the need for fancy cars, expensive houses, flashy dress, and obvious favoritism in the ranks. I read an interesting article at this link. It was pretty interesting, discussing the difference between Pentecostal teaching and Charismatic teaching. I especially like the graphic (posted below)
- Favoritism – obvious that certain folks get “special privilege” because of social status.
- Impression that blessing is financial only.
- “Pastor as a Celebrity” – what happened to servant leadership?
- There is no humility in the leadership
- Misuse of Scripture – “Give honor where honor is due” is used as an excuse for the congregation to give gifts to leadership.
- No accountability – we’ve heard (many times) “You didn’t hire me, so you can’t fire me – if you don’t like it, you can leave”. Additionally, there is no “public record”
Now, don’t get me wrong. I’m not one of those folks that sits around and tries to disprove ministries, etc. I’m just trying to find the balance…
I believe that there are folks out there that are in the same situation – I’d love to hear from you – feel free to post comments. I’m sure that there are many that disagree as well…I’d love to hear from you too – just stay in the right spirit 🙂
I’m not the smartest guy in the blogosphere – guaranteed. I’m going to ask folks to contribute to this. I want to expose what needs to be exposed, and protect what needs to be protected.
Hang on – here we go